Selling at C-Level
How to sell more and win higher value deals by selling to senior executives
Are you a sales director, sales manager or a senior salesperson who sells at executive level (or who wants to)?
Do you want to sell more effectively to the C-suite?
Those with a significant problem or opportunity you can help with
Get access at the
"C" level or senior executives who own the problem and sign the order
Design and deliver the right message
Talk to them in their language from their perspective.
Big Ticket Sales Gamble
If you’re not selling to the people who make and approve the final decision you’re taking a big risk.
You can spend months – and a lot of effort and money – chasing and forecasting a big deal, only for someone you’ve hardly ever met to say “no” at the last minute.
If you sell big ticket items you MUST sell at C-Level because:
- They can kill a deal on a whim
- They can change suppliers based on a line in a spreadsheet
- A brilliant relationship at operational level can be meaningless at C-Level
- You don’t want a third party to make your case for you
- Poor C-level access is a major cause of lost deals
- Birds of a feather flock together – if you’re endorsed by a C-Level executive you gain more credibility
- They set strategy
- They determine priorities
- They set budgets and determine timeframes
- You win bigger, more profitable deals – faster
- You keep customers longer and reduce or eliminate churn
- You can qualify out faster if you have no chance
The Two Big Problems
There are two huge problems when you try to sell at C-Level
Gaining accessIt’s getting harder and harder (and more expensive) to secure meetings with senior decision makers. It costs between $2,000 and over $5,000 to secure one C-Level meeting when all factors are taken into account.
Making that access countSurveys show that senior decision makers say 85% of the sales meetings they take are a waste of time and add no value.
It’s hard enough, and expensive enough, to get an executive meeting without wasting more than four in five of them – burning your chances of selling to that company in the foreseeable future in the process.
Stack the odds in your favour
A simple but effective strategy
- Clarify your Ideal Customer Profile
- Identify specific companies that fit that profile
- Decide which executive roles you need to reach
- Identify which specific people in your target companies are in those roles
- Work out their most pressing issues and priorities (that you can help with)
- Develop a message about their most pressing issues and priorities
- Deliver the message by the best channels so they see, understand and act on it
- Schedule meetings where you either:
- Identify genuine sales opportunities addressing issues that the senior executives in your prospect really care about, or
- Nurture the executives for future opportunities so when they are ready, you are too
- Confirm there are no current opportunities and move on to the next prospect.
9. Recruit the C-Level or senior executives as champions/coaches to guide you through the sales/buying process.
Meet Your Guides
Fred is is an experienced consultant specializing in the field of sales, leadership and performance.
His unique style allows him to release the potential from his clients through the ability to understand context and generate insight as well as stimulate and encourage active participation.
Fred has worked in more than 35 countries delivering projects that range from implementing a European academy for a leading beer brand, developing sales skills in the Middle East for global healthcare companies, and introducing account development and sales leadership models in Latin America and Europe for IT and engineering multinationals.
As a result of working with over 10,000 sales people he has been able to understand the challenges they face and develop means to address these using a blend of modern tools and techniques and established best practice.
As someone always focusing on the desired outcomes, Fred’s approach sees him work with his clients to discover new and more powerful ways of how they can do business, build mutually beneficial relationships with their customers and increase revenue.
Fred is a bestselling author of two books “Hybrid Selling” and “Selling Through Partnering Skills”. He is host of the “Sales Today” weekly podcast and a regular guest and speaker at leading industry events.
His vision for the sale profession is to have 'good people doing good things in a good way'
Steve is Managing Director of Executive Sales Coaching Australia, is recognised as Australia’s leading authority on Selling at C-Level.
He has won Top Sales Awards in the Best Sales Video, Best Sales Webinar and Best Sales Podcast categories.
In 2019 he was named one of the Top 50 Keynote Speakers by Top Sales Magazine, for which he’s a regular contributor. He’s appeared as a guest on many of the leading sales podcasts.
Prior to moving into sales at age 42 Steve worked as a pre- and post-sales support specialist, project manager, professional services manager and national marketing manager. He worked with senior executives in a variety of industries, giving him broad business experience and an in-depth understanding of how senior executives think.
He has sold more than $100 million in software, services and hardware to senior executives in more than 30 countries, working with companies on the FTSE 100, ASX 100, NASDAQ, the Dow Jones and S&P 500
He has experience in distribution, manufacturing, retail, publishing, food & beverage, telecommunications, construction, health, law, government (local, state and federal), finance & insurance, technology, software, SaaS and many more.
Steve believes that Selling at C-Level isn’t easy... but it can be simple and salespeople can learn to sell effectively to executives and also enjoy the process.
Your opportunity to make a difference
Are you ready to to sell at a higher level and to get more meetings with senior decision makers?
The course is built around the PIRATE Framework and designed to be completed in 12 weeks
Content for each week has been created to give the right amount of information and learning to complete the Actions associated with winning business in real time
The training is intended to pay for itself many times over even on the first implementation!
Plan - Set a strategy and commitment to sell at C-Level
Identify - Understand what is important to the organisation and who to target
Research - Prepare all necessary information to form a hypothesis to share
Approach - Decide on the best form of contact and use that to open dialogue
Talk - Prepare and manage the right kind of meeting to further discussion
Evolve - Follow up and take the next steps to do business together
Focus on the right message to the right person in the right company